Fisher-kids has come up with a great way to "teach your kids to fish." What I mean by Teach your kids to fish is based off the saying " Give a man a fish he eats for a day, Teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime. With this station you are teaching your children life skills of money management, how to take care of themselves and their stuff, and personal responsibility and accountability. Watch this 5 min video. The creator Jennifer Beck explains the system and how to easily get started. I honestly couldn't describe what it is better so I thought the video would be the best for you.
Our Thoughts~ When I came across this site I was so excited that Jennifer seemed to capture what I wanted to do with my kids perfectly. I excitedly reached out to the company about reviewing their product and was over joyed when they agreed to not only let us review but offers discount code and do a giveaway. I was literally bouncing up and down when I read the acceptance email (just as my friend Anita).
Why was I so excited? I wanted to teach my kids that there are things they had to do in the way of chores just because they lived in a family. But with that in mind I was having a hard time figuring out how I was going to also allow for a way for them to earn money and learn the money management side of "getting an allowance." I use quotes because I didn't like the idea of Chores=Money. As I said I wanted them to learn that as being part of a family you are required and should also enjoy helping keep your own environment together and tidy and help your fellow family members.
The Chore sticks come blank so you can write in what ever you want for your family and I love that in the parent's guide that comes with your kit there is some examples for each age group to give you an idea of what would work for that age. They have from age 2 up to 17+ I like that as they get bigger I can add more sticks or change them out for more challenging tasks. Some examples being as they get older learning to do laundry, meal planning, grocery list making and shopping. All the great life skills that I want my boys to have when they move out on their own. Truly this is a brilliant system I don't think I could have changed a thing to make it anymore like the system I wanted in my head. Trust me I know not everything works for everyone I have gone through different chore charts and rewards but I just wasn't getting my original idea of what I wanted for my family to match up to other systems, I am very blessed to have had a chance to review their product and be able to offer a discount of 15% to my readers in case this system is something you too would like for your family.
15% off code (the code is KLAUER)- is good for any order placed on their site for the FISHERKIDS PRODUCTS ONLY, not outside vendors a Rafflecopter giveaway


I have been wanting one of these but couldn't justify spending the money. Hope I win!
ReplyDeleteWe just received our responsibility station and all three of my kiddos are pumped! The desired result is to teach our children but as parents we are learning a lesson as well..to be accountable for the commission--when its due!!! Can't say enough great things about this system. We also added a Consequence spinner--LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteWe're in the process of moving and I have the perfect spot for this! I've been eyeing one of these for a while now.
ReplyDeleteTamara Hunter
I love that it is so organized!
ReplyDeleteThis would be perfect for our house. We do are struggling with finding the "just right" system for chores.
ReplyDeleteI think this system is really cool because it combines so many elements: chores, financial awareness, helping with the family and discipline. I like how it's a visual reminder and adultish so you can use it for a long time. Some of the sticker reward systems aren't "grown up" enough to last very long. Great system! Really think this would help us organize our chore system and start while kids are young so we can learn too as we teach them.
ReplyDeleteI think my boys would like this system, as they get older they want to help out more and with me being a single parent, the help is great so I'd like a way to encourage it! :o)
ReplyDeleteThis might keep us on track with our busy schedules.
ReplyDeletechelsea r
Wow, I would love one of these! It sounds like a neat system that would be easy to implement.
ReplyDeleteWow, how cool is this?! I think my boys would really love it. "Helping" is so important and you can combine the other lessons too!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has been getting away with not doing chores. This system will help us all see what needs to be done and the rewards and consequences.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I think I'm going to have to invest in one of these!!Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea. I'm sure this would really help with teaching my girls responsibility and is a much simpler way of keeping track of what still needs to be done.
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a great system! I know a couple of little girls that could really use this.
ReplyDelete