Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Devyn Bag




The Devyn Bag is named the Active Mother's Travel system and hands down this bag is completely rocking it's name. Why do I say this because this Bag will take you through many stages of motherhood. I was afraid this would be a bulky bag but honestly it has a very slim silhouette and you can stuff it silly.


First off it makes a great Nursing Bag, because of it's spacious interior and 3 individualized sections. There is a zippered insulated pocket that can be used either for Hot or Cold and comes with Dry Icepack. With 6 mesh pockets it will hold your breast milk upright (woo hoo less chance of spillage of our LIQUID GOLD) and the Icepack will keep them cold up to 12 hours. What this means is you can pump away at work and not have to store your precious milk in the company lunch cooler giving you more discretion.

The pocket next is a padded section that you can use for anything but makes a great saftey pocket for electronics... Camera, laptop, Ipad, Travel DVD player, Electronic Games, Etc.

The front pocket furthest from the body when you are wearing your Devyn bag is Spacious with 3 interior pockets to hold your pump, diaper bag supplies, wallet, anything you feel like putting in there.

For demonstration purposes I decided to pack our bag for going out with 3 boys (20mts, 3 years old and 5 years old we are currently still awaiting our new little boy due any day here). So this is how I am currently Rocking my Devyn Bag. I did throw an older model laptop in that is super thick and heavy. I do not normally carry this laptop this was for demo purposes. I normally carry my Ipad along for little boy entertainment when we are waiting at the Doctors or anywhere for that matter that needs to cool them down.



What I had in the bag and still had room:
~OLD BULKY Laptop
~Container of Tabletoppers
~Stack of 5 diapers
~3 Kleen Kanteens (one for each of the boys)
~Container of Puffs
~3 bags of Poptart minis
~3 bags of Applesauce
~Bag of Tushie Wipes
~Bag of Boogie Wipes
~Bag of Bags for Dirty diaper disposal
~My Wallet
~Pacifier bag with pacifier wipes in it.
~Camera
~3 Containers of Antibacterial.. This is mostly because I forget I have one and throw another in. :D
~My Travel Deodorant (yes this is the one Item I usually forget to put on running out the door so I keep a travel one in the diaper bag)
~2 lipglosses
~Car Keys
~Cell Phone
~An Extra pair of Shorts.. Just in case
~An Extra pair of Chonies.. Just in case

And I still had plenty of room and it wasn't bulky or uncomfortable to carry so out with the Old Laptop, in with my Ipad and I will have room for stuff for our new baby Gabriel when ever he plans his grand entrance. Including room for my pump and storage bags, diapers for him, burp cloths, extra outfit or two and little Toys. (Just a fun tip if you are a busy mom like myself I found a long time ago that a luggage tag with a check list of items for the diaper bag is a great way not to forget stuff on the way out the door. Just a fun tidbit from me to you). This bag is hands down the most functional and practical diaper bag/travel system I have ever owned. Glad finally someone put together all the necessary sections we need. Definitely think this is a must have bag in your arsenal whether you have 1 baby or multiple aged children or are even just looking for a bag to eliminate all the bags you daily carry around as a working mom (laptop case, purse, lunch bag) why carry 3 when you can carry 1.

As I said before this is for all stages: Nursing Stay at home mom, Nursing Working mom, Nursing Traveling mom, Mom of many ages like me... I stay home but am constantly on the go to the Gym, Zoo, Park, Playdates, anything to keep my 3 boys busy and work on expending some of that energy. This bag will move up with you to a complete family travel bag where you can pack your lunches a blanket and go for a lunch in the park. I am even looking to the fact that this bag will be great when I go back to school after the boys are in school. It can hold my lunch, laptop and school books no problem.

So more wonderful features of this bag are:
~That it is made of a waterproof material for easy spill cleaning
~Cute embellishments, like the beaded zipper pull, colored fabric for the underside of the strap for a little flare without going over the top.
~There is also an outside pocket great for easy access to your keys and cell phone.
~Wide pockets easy for Airport Security to look in if you are a traveling mom.

Check out Devyn Bag on Facebook they are currently giving away a free Devyn Bag to one lucky Liker with a good story.. ( just go to their facebook.. Please give us a shout out first let them know we sent you and then tell them of your best on the go mom story) This is the contest info on their wall.. Do not post your story here.. Though I would love to hear it, the entry only counts on their Facebook wall.
CONTEST: There is still time to win a FREE Devyn Bag ($149.00 value). Post your best on-the-go mom story on our Wall and be automatically entered to win. We will pick 1 lucky winner, at random, on July 15th. Good luck!

Also roam around their web page a bit and check out the great features and uses of this bag and even purchase your own.


1 comment:

  1. Since having kids I have become a bag geek. I'm on the endless search for a bag that can do it all. We have a pile of contenders in the closet and none are "just right". This bag looks like it could be the one. Great review! I loved the picture of all the stuff in it and then all the stuff out! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By: Wacky Jacqui's Designs